Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Lila pattern release part 1

I developed a new love, jumpsuits for my youngest. My first sews for her were jumpsuits (they remained unblogged though). I loved the total body coverage, no shirts bunching up, no trousers sliding down.  I thought she out grew the phase that she could wear them outside, boy was I wrong. Jumpsuits are hip and happening at the moment. Just after Thanksgiving ( during which I actually bought several jumspuit pattern on sale) I saw the testers call for the Lila a jumpsuit (and dress) from Lilly&Woody. I of course immediately applied!



The pattern lived up to its expectation and more, because it turned out that Marte from Compagnie M was the co-designer. In the tester group many, many Lila's were created, it is such a fun and quick sew. During the testing I made two jumpsuits, but today I will only show you one. I am showing you the one that I made following the instructions, because I of course had to hack something as well. I had a bunch of super cute pictures of both versions, and I wanted to show so many, that you will have to wait for the other version.


The pattern is sleeveless but can be easily made winter proof by wearing a onesie under it. For now I "only" sewed two jumpsuits, but I will try the dress versions as well. I say "versions", because this pattern is really packed with differentiation options, there is even a reversible one! Most of the options are for jersey, but some will work in woven as well.



The Jumpsuit I am showing your today was sewn with my serger only, those are the best projects, am I right? I didn't do top stitching, but you could of course, personally I like the lining showing a bit. The legs might seem a little long, but she needs this extra fabric when she sits down.




I made this jumpsuit with the leftovers from this dress, a little bit of twinning. A few weeks ago, I ordered new flower snaps, new colors had come available, and oh my, I love them so much. This color is really an exact match to the fabric, which made me very happy.


Due to the pattern release there is a 10% discount with the code LILA10 (valid until Sunday 11.59pm (CET +1 timezone) for both the paper and pdf pattern. Everyday this week Compagnie M and Lily&Woody are giving away free fabric, starting with the new brand Chat Chocolat today. Visit their sites later today to learn more about the fabric giveaways and the other testers.


She has been covered in snot for weeks, but she is so cute! Finally, I can also show the cute picture of my two youngest playing together, I made this picture during this shoot.



I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian). 

33 comments:

  1. Jumpsuits kunnen nog prima inderdaad! Hier fan van de wolf pyjama jumpsuit. Leuke kamsnaps ook, al heb ik die hier niet nodig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De Wolf is door dochterlief besteld (ik moet er wel even een kap en sokken aanmaken), dus die komt eraan.

      Delete
  2. Super schattig je kleine meid in een jumpsuit! Heel leuke versie ook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Om op te vreten die kleine, echt erg ze krijgt alles voor elkaar hier.

      Delete
  3. Mooiste die ik nog zag. Juist door de beentjes, jumpsuits moeten baggy zijn van mij <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, dank je, maar je hebt er nog maar een paar gezien van de hele vele die er al gemaakt zijn :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ze zegt zo schattig "au" dat ik het soms wel eens een beetje doe ;)

      Delete
  5. Prachtig... toffe versie voor díe grote meid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik moet mijn 4 jarige ook in een jumpsuit hijsen heb ik besloten!

      Delete
  6. Super jumpsuit en foto's! Bedankt om te testen! Ik kijk al uit naar je jumpsuit met rits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he, had ik hem toch in mijn eerste post moeten doen, ik dacht dat jullie het blijste zouden zijn met diegene echt volgens het patroon op de blogtour!

      Delete
  7. Door al die toffe jumpsuit-versies wil ik er ook graag eentje maken, ze zijn zo leuk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Grappig dat mode zo veranderd, wel fijn voor mijn kids dat "lekker zittend" heel belangrijk is nu.

      Delete
  9. Heel mooie versie, ♡ voor dat stofje! Altijd zo'n goed gevoel als je de juiste kam snaps of knopen in je voorraad vindt :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inderdaad, bijna geen knopen hier, dus elke keer pak ik mis, maar Kamsnaps heb ik nu letterlijk in 100 kleuren, niet allemaal bloemen hoor, maar in ronde vorm heb ik echt alles.

      Delete
  10. Wat een dropje! En de jumpsuit is zalig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jammer dat jouw kids niet meer in dit patroontje passen!

      Delete
  11. Stinking cute noem ik dat! Geweldig!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ze is een duidelijke "asset" voor mijn blog deze meid :)

      Delete
  12. Heel mooie jumpsuit !!
    En wat een schattige meid met haar 2 staartjes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heel mooi ... zoals al jouw creaties eigenlijk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Schattigheid alom, zowel je dochter als de jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zooooo mooi!! En die snaps passen echt perfect! Ik zag ze nog nooit, waar vond je die? Echt heel leuk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. De jumpsuit is super schattig ! I do hope this does not say I am a crazy monkey hahaha Jumpsuits are the best for little critters. So comfy! Love your fabric and flower snaps!

    ReplyDelete